By Mike Chambers, Daniel Dura, Kevin Hoyt, Dragos Georgita
By Michael Morrison
Supercharge Your websites with Ajax correct Now...No Scripting services Needed!
You’ve heard how nice Ajax is--how it could actually help in making your sites extra usable, extra interactive, extra responsive, extra winning. Ajax building equipment lets you set Ajax to paintings right now, even if you’ve by no means written a script! simply examine a number of necessities, try out a couple of examples, then run the dwell CD and become aware of all of the plug-and-play code you must hit the floor operating. Ajax development Kit ’s integrated functions paintings correct out of the field. And with effortless information from Michael Morrison, you’ll progressively deepen your understanding--learn the best way to customise, expand, and reuse those applications---and even construct talents for growing new ones. Walk away an expert.
Use Ajax development Kit ’s ten whole functions to
Dynamically load net data
Dynamically populate lists
Tap into RSS information feeds
Use AutoComplete to minimize enter errors
Create extra responsive GUIs with real-time validation
Build a killer interface for viewing images
Present info or advertisements with slick pop-ups
Provide an up to date climate forecast
Build an e-commerce product delivery calculator
Add scores instruments in your site
Your entire Ajax atmosphere: Boot the CD as an Ubuntu Linux stay CD to right away commence operating with the Ajax initiatives (no setup required).
Ready-to-run instruments at the CD comprise the XAMPP internet server, Firefox net browser, and Bluefish HTML editor.
Platform: home windows, Linux, Mac (OS X or higher)
Processor: Intel-based processor (Pentium or higher)
Memory: 128 MB RAM or more
Disk area: None required; USB thumb force not obligatory to shop data
Optical force: CD reader
Negus reside Linux Series
Your useful, Hands-On publications to Getting actual effects with unfastened Software
Add the loose software program and examples from the book’s CD in your home windows, Mac OS X, or Linux process to stick with in addition to the initiatives defined within the booklet. Or boot the CD on to use a whole, prepackaged set of unfastened software program instruments to play, reveal, and regulate these initiatives. begin as a beginner, through checking out examples...and end with specialist Ajax-enabled net content!
SERIES EDITOR CHRISTOPHER NEGUS is the bestselling writer of the Red Hat Linux Bible series, Linux Toys series, and this sequence’ flagship name, Linux stay CDs.
By Farhan Muhammad
This article explores most sensible practices for good points of ASP.NET, together with caching, view country, code in the back of, server controls, built-in-controls, and person controls. It additionally offers workarounds for complicated difficulties like utilizing the DataSet item with ASP.NET.
By Eduardo Diaz
- Write apps for the multithreaded international with Clojure's style of sensible programming
- Discover Clojure's positive factors and merits and use them on your current projects
- The booklet is designed in order that you may be capable positioned to exploit your latest talents and software program wisdom to develop into a greater Clojure developer
We have reached some degree the place machines aren't getting a lot swifter, software program tasks have to be added speedy, and top of the range in software program is extra tough as ever.
We have to discover new methods of writing software program that is helping in attaining these ambitions. Clojure bargains a brand new hazard of writing prime quality, multi-core software program quicker than ever, with no need to go away your present platform.
Clojure for Java builders goals at unleashing the real capability of the Clojure language to take advantage of it on your initiatives. The booklet starts with the install and setup of the Clojure surroundings sooner than relocating directly to discover the language in-depth. Get accustomed to its quite a few beneficial properties equivalent to practical programming, concurrency, and so on. with the aid of instance tasks. you will also additionally, find out how the tooling works, and the way it interacts with the Java environment.
By the top of this ebook, you have an organization grip on Clojure and its positive aspects, and use them successfully to write down extra powerful programs.
What you are going to learn
- Understand the instruments for the Clojure global and the way they relate to Java instruments and criteria (like Maven)
- Learn approximately immutable information constructions, and what makes them possible for daily programming
- Write uncomplicated multi-core courses utilizing Clojure's middle strategies, like atoms, brokers and refs
- Understand that during Clojure, code is facts, and the way to use that truth through producing and manipulating code with macros
- Learn how Clojure interacts with Java, how the category loaders paintings and the way to take advantage of Clojure from Java or the opposite direction around
- Discover a brand new, extra versatile that means of polymorphism and remember the fact that OOP isn't the in basic terms technique to get it
About the Author
Eduardo Diaz is a developer with a powerful historical past within the Java language. He has a keenness for useful programming and new programming paradigms. His paintings comprises complete stack improvement, platforms layout, and excessive quantity actual time facts processing.
He has labored on each know-how similar challenge you could think, as a expert fixing whatever on the topic of Java, UNIX, C, or the other unusual challenge you will have had.
As a developer, he has been operating for round 10 years on Java, Python, Scala, Clojure, within the media, financial institution, and basically communications industries.
He is presently operating at Grupo growth, a media corporation, the place he is helping layout and enforce a brand new content material supply platform aiming to empower content material editors and inspire builders to discover new how you can use data.
Table of Contents
- Getting all started with Clojure
- Namespaces, programs, and Tests
- Interacting with Java
- Collections and useful Programming
- Multimethods and Protocols
- Macros in Clojure
By Chuck Easttom
By Tony de Araujo
This is a technique to profit and to refer again later. the writer recommends to learn and evaluate the ebook numerous instances. you will snatch yet strong while repeated the second one time around.
By Carlo Russo
Learn tips on how to layout and create notable internet functions utilizing KnockoutJS
About This Book
- Create absolutely testable internet functions from real-world recommendations with the strong data-binding provided by way of KnockoutJS
- Create new and reusable parts on your own and how to combine exterior libraries easily
- Contains tasks in line with fictitious, yet universal, program improvement briefs
Who This publication Is For
Starting with a easy internet program, you will paintings your means via complete featured, real-world functions as a way to the way to utilize this very good library. you will discover find out how to construct reusable widgets, combine with exterior UI libraries similar to jQuery UI, and construct mobile-first responsive functions and single-page purposes. via the top of this ebook, you'll know how to exploit this library, and the way effortless it may be to advance a model-based procedure. This booklet is a hands-on advisor with step by step directions, top you thru useful illustrations that would convey you each element of a KnockoutJS project.
By Brad Green, Shyam Seshadri
With a purpose to start with AngularJS, both as a facet undertaking, an extra device, or on your major paintings, this functional advisor teaches you ways to exploit this meta-framework step by step, from the fundamentals to complex thoughts. by way of the tip of the publication, you’ll know how to strengthen a wide, maintainable, and performant program with AngularJS.
Guided by way of engineers who labored on AngularJS at Google, you’ll examine the parts had to construct data-driven functions, utilizing declarative programming and the Model–view–controller trend. You’ll additionally how one can behavior unit assessments on every one a part of your application.
* the way to use controllers for relocating information to and from views
* comprehend while to exploit AngularJS companies rather than controllers
* converse with the server to shop, fetch, and replace information asynchronously
* comprehend while to take advantage of AngularJS filters for changing facts and values to various formats
* enforce single-page functions, utilizing ngRoute to pick perspectives and navigation
* Dive into simple and complex directives for developing reusable components
* Write an end-to-end try out on a reside model of your whole application
* Use most sensible practices, instructions, and instruments during the improvement cycle
By Nicholas C. Zakas
* determine challenge code and use speedier choices to complete an analogous activity
* Use optimization thoughts to enhance runtime functionality
* study how one can make sure the UI is responsive continually
* in attaining speedier client-server communique
* Use a construct process to minify documents, and HTTP compression to convey them to the browser
By Jeannie Meyer
HTML5 opens up a plethora of recent avenues for software and video game improvement on the net. video games can now be created and interacted with at once inside HTML, without having for clients to obtain additional plugins, or for builders to benefit new languages. vital new gains similar to the Canvas tag let drawing without delay onto the internet web page. The Audio tag permits sounds to be prompted and performed from inside of your HTML code, the WebSockets API enables real-time communique, and the neighborhood garage API permits info similar to excessive rankings or video game personal tastes to be saved on a user's computing device for retrieval subsequent time they play. All of those good points and plenty of extra are lined in the crucial consultant to HTML5.
* options are brought and stimulated with easy-to-grasp, beautiful examples
* Code is defined intimately after common explanations
* Reader is guided into how you can make the examples 'their own'